The broker exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions for the national portion and 40 multiple-choice questions for the state-specific portion. The managing broker exam consists of 10 simulation problems for the national portion and 40 multiple-choice questions for the state-specific portion.
Is the Illinois real estate exam hard?
With proper preparation, the real estate exam is not that hard. You can pass. How do we know? More than 95 percent of the test takers who use our real estate prep materials pass the exam.
How many times can you take the Illinois Real Estate exam?
If you do not pass the licensing exam after completing your courses, you may retake the exam up to three times (on different days). If you do not pass the exam on the fourth attempt, you must retake the pre-license coursework before registering again for the exam.
What should I focus on my real estate exam?
7 Study Tips for Passing Your Real Estate Exam
- Review What’s on the Exam. …
- Create Digital or Physical Notes for Key Concepts. …
- Read Your Notes. …
- Don’t Reach Out to Practicing Agents. …
- Take Several Practice Real Estate Exams. …
- Understand How To Take Tests. …
- Stay Positive and Upbeat.
How much does a realtor make in Illinois?
The average salary for a real estate agent in Illinois is around $51,155 per year.
How much does it cost to take the Illinois Real Estate exam?
Illinois Real Estate License Costs
|Prelicensing Classes (75 hours)||$329 (through Real Estate Express)|
|Illinois Broker Examination Fee||$58|
|Application Fee for Broker License||$125|
Which state has the hardest real estate exam?
Hardest States to get a Real Estate License
Of all states, Colorado and Texas come on top as the hardest in terms of granting a real estate license. Each of the states requires some education and a test, which you must pass before being issued with a real estate license.
Is the real estate exam hard?
Real estate exams are designed to be difficult to pass, so they can weed out people who are not going to be skilled agents. Though the pass rate varies based on the state exam, they hover around 50% across the country. This means only about half of the people who take a state licensing exam pass.
What if I fail my real estate exam?
If you fail one portion of the exam, you are only required to retake the portion you did not pass. You simply have to reschedule your exam through Pearson VUE and pay the $54 exam fee. If you fail one portion of the exam 3 times, you must take an additional 30 hours of qualifying real estate education.
What do you do after you pass the real estate exam in Illinois?
After passing the state exam you will need to become sponsored by a real estate managing broker within one year. Your managing broker will send the paperwork to the state (IDFPR) and issue you a 45-day permit—also called a Sponsor Card. That permit allows you to start practicing real estate immediately.
How do I take the Illinois real estate Exam?
Hold a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Complete 75 hours of approved Pre-Licensing education. …
- Pass the course final exam. …
- Pass the Illinois Real Estate Broker Examination. …
- Select a sponsoring broker. …
- Complete the application.
How do I prepare for the real estate exam?
Top 10 Tips for Passing the Real Estate Exam
- Do as many practice real estate exam questions as you can. …
- Start by only answering questions that are extremely easy. …
- Look at the answers first. …
- Do not choose an answer you have never heard of! …
- Work backwards to the correct answer. …
- Skip questions you don’t know the answer to.
What is the best real estate exam prep?
The 8 Best Real Estate Exam Prep Courses of 2021
- Best Overall: Kaplan.
- Runner-Up, Best Overall: The CE Shop.
- Best for Accessibility: Real Estate Express.
- Best Value: Real Estate Exam Scholar.
- Best Bundle for Pre-Licensure and Exam Prep Courses: AceableAgent.
- Best for Self-Paced Learning: Mbition.
- Best for Brokers: CompuCram.
Are PSI practice exams helpful?
Allot ample study time, but also schedule the exam soon enough after your class to remember what your instructor taught. And use practice exams; they are invaluable.