A: The term is often capitalized because it’s a registered trademark in the US for a member of the National Association of Realtors. … The New York Times Manual of Style and Usage capitalizes the term too, and says the “preferred generic terms are real estate agent and real estate broker.”
Are realtors all caps?
REALTOR®must appear in all capital letters whenever it is used in the name.
Is there such a word as REALTOR?
Once you have assured that REALTOR® is the correct word, the rules governing the proper form for the term apply to distinguish for the audience the significance of the term REALTOR® from the words surrounding it.
How do you use REALTOR in a sentence?
Realtor sentence example
- The realtor never mentioned it. …
- A local realtor manages it and rents out the spaces for them. …
- The Dawkinses, back to being cautiously nice to each other, were dressed for business—another necktie and nylons day, according to Paulette—scheduled for a group visit to their attorney and a realtor .
Is it better to say REALTOR or real estate agent?
The word Realtor is a trademark referring to someone who’s an active member of the National Association of Realtors (NAR). In the United States, a real estate agent is licensed to help consumers buy and sell commercial or residential property.
Can I call myself a REALTOR?
You can’t call yourself a real estate agent without having an active state-issued license. A real estate license is only applicable in the state where it’s issued. However, some states allow for portability. A state’s portability laws determine whether out-of-state licensed agents can take part in transactions locally.
How do I put my REALTOR on my logo?
To get the trademark ® symbol on your computer, use Alt+0174 on PCs, Option+R on Macs, or type “(r)” and hit Enter.
What is Realtor salary?
REALTOR median yearly income is around $49,700. REALTORS with 16 years of experience or more averaged nearly $86,500 per year. 27% of REALTORS earned more than $100,000 per year.
Why do people say Realtor wrong?
8. Realtor. It’s pronounced “real-ter,” not “real-a-tor.” Latin links “real” and “estate” together, but Realtor was created, capitalized, and trademarked to describe brokers who are members of the national association, according to Robert Willson, an English professor turned real estate agent.
Do Realtors make more money than real estate agents?
The income level for Realtors and real estate agents is different because more Realtors work full-time and take their job more seriously. That does not mean every Realtor is better than every real estate agent, but the averages do show that Realtors make more money.
How do you use the word precisely in a sentence?
Definition of precisely
- The sample weighed precisely 6 ounces.
- We arrived at precisely two o’clock.
- She always knows precisely what to do.
- He was popular precisely because he was so kind.